Returned PaymentIf a payment is returned, for example, if a check bounces or is returned NSF, there a are two ways you can record this in Street Invoice.
#1. Edit the payment
- Open the original payment
- If the payment is applied to any invoices, clear the amount that is applied.
- Change the payment amount to 0.
- Add a note with the original amount, such as: "Original amount $150 NSF".
#2. Create a refund
- Create a refund for the amount of the payment that was returned.
- Add a note with the original payment number and amount, along with "NSF" for future reference.