Returned Payment

If a payment is returned, for example, if a check bounces or is returned NSF, there a are two ways you can record this in Street Invoice.

#1. Edit the payment
  1. Open the original payment
  2. If the payment is applied to any invoices, clear the amount that is applied.
  3. Change the payment amount to 0.
  4. Add a note with the original amount, such as: "Original amount $150 NSF". 

#2. Create a refund
  1. Create a refund for the amount of the payment that was returned.
  2. Add a note with the original payment number and amount, along with "NSF" for future reference. 
Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.