DiscountsA discount can be either a set amount, or a percentage of the invoice subtotal.
Set preset discounts (called Promotions) to quickly apply to invoices.
Discounts are applied before tax is calculated.
- From the main invoice screen, select Invoice Options.
- Set the discount in the Promotion & Discount section.
- Preset Discount: Select a preset discount from the Promotions menu.
- Custom Discount: To discount a fixed amount, select the $, and enter the amount under the $. To discount a percentage of the invoice subtotal, select the %, and enter the percentage under the %.
- Tap check mark to apply the discount, and Save (or Save & Send) to save the changes.
- On the Main Invoice screen, set the discount in the Promotion/Discount section.
- Preset Discount: Select a preset discount from the drop-down menu.
- Custom Discount: To discount a fixed amount, select Amount an enter the amount. To discount a percentage of the invoice subtotal, select Percent enter the percentage.
- Close the Invoice to save the changes.
Set preset discounts (Promotions)
- Select Settings, then Manage System Lists.
- Select Discount
- Tap the + to add a new preset discount, or tap an existing discount to edit it.
- Enter a description
- Select the discount type (Amount or Percentage).
- Enter the value of the discount.
- Tap the checkmark to save.
- From the Main Menu, select Settings
- Select Discounts from the Invoice section.
- Click New to create a new discount.
- Enter the discount name.
- Under Amt Percent, select the type of discount
- Enter the value for the discount--the percentage rate for a percentage discount, or the amount for a fixed amount discount.
- Close the window to save your changes.
- Sync your mobile device to update with the latest discount.
To discount a single Item
1. When adding an Item to the Invoice, charge the full price
2. Underneath that Item, add and create an Item named "Discount"
3. Choose a negative price or quantity for the amount you wish to discount from the original item