How do I automatically charge sales tax?Street Invoice can automatically add sales tax to taxable items on your invoices.
The tax rate is displayed on the invoice. The tax rate name is used to refer to your tax rate within the app.
Tax ConditionsStreet Invoice will automatically add sales tax, when setup according to the steps below, and the following conditions are met:
1. The invoice item is taxable. You can set the item as taxable from the Item list, or (in newer versions of Street Invoice,) from the invoice Item details.
2. The customer is not Tax Exempt. Verify the customer is not tax exempt by editing the customer details.
- Select Settings, then Preferences.
- Select the Charge Tax slider to turn it on.
- Enter your Tax Rate and a name. (If you charge at more than one tax rate, see below for instructions).
- Select Save for the changes to take effect. (On BlackBerry OS 7 and earlier, Select Done, then Resync from the main menu.)
Multiple Tax Rates
- Select Settings, then Manage System Lists.
- Select Tax
- Tap the + to add a new tax rate, or tap an existing tax rate to edit it.
- Enter a description and Tax percentage Rate.
- Tap the checkmark to save.
Set Local Tax Rates1. From the Street Invoice Main Screen, click Settings to open the System Settings menu.
2. Click Tax Rates.
3. Click New to add a new tax rate.
4. Type in the tax rate, and a description, (for example “NYC Sales Tax”).
5. To edit any tax rate, click Edit.
6. For these changes to take effect on your mobile device, select Sync from the menu on the main screen (Android/BlackBerry PlayBook) or log out of Street Invoice and log in (BlackBerry Smartphone).
Set Default Tax Rate1. From the Street Invoice Main Screen, click Settings to open the System Settings menu.
2. Click Preferences.
3. In the System Preferences section, set Charge Tax to Yes to automatically charge tax on new invoices and set the Default Tax Rate.
4. For these changes to take effect on your mobile device, select Sync from the menu on the main screen (Android/BlackBerry PlayBook) or log out of Street Invoice and log in (BlackBerry Smartphone).